Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 2 - The Ah-Ha moment.

I never realized just how many commercials were on TV for food. While enjoying my morning shake and protein bar, I counted 9 times where I was assaulted by pizza, sub sandwiches, pasta, and seafood. All of these commercials showed happy, energetic people enjoying their favorite watering hole eating steaming hot, beautifully crafted food. I think about this and the times that I have been to some of these places, and I don't ever remember having as good a time as these people seem to be having. Nor do I recall having such camera friendly dishes served to me by such attractive wait staff. BING!! Light bulb, duh, it's marketing and these people are the best at what they do. Well...not today.

So I need to find something to do other than watch TV during day time and prime time. Easier said than done, I'm a TV junkie. To that end I am going to utilize the adults only pool, that is afforded to us by our HOA, in the morning before the temperature gets to roughly that of the surface of the sun. The evening is going to be a little harder for outdoor activity, simply because of the heat. So I need some ideas as to what I can do indoors to keep away from the TV for a couple of hours and my mind off of food. Feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments below.

And now the money shot, as it were. The daily calorie count.

Breakfast - Shake: 230
                  Protein bar: 210

Lunch - Shake: 230
             Protein bar: 300

Snack - Protein bar: 200

Dinner - Lean Ham Lunch meat (4 slices): 200
              1 1/2 cups Carrots: 78
              1 tsp. Yellow Mustard: 3
              1 slice American cheese: 45

Grand total: 1496 calories for the day.

A little more than I should be having but I'm still comfortable with it. I need to find a way to trim some from the shakes, and I thing Power bar chocolate peanut butter is going to have to hit the showers. Felt very tired today and hungry. I drank an easy 1/2 gallon of crystal light peach mango green tea and fruit punch...gunna have to step it up a notch. Stay tuned folks, we've only just begun.

2 comments:

  1. What I learned when I had to change my eating habits after my angioplasty was that I had to force myself to be ok with being hungry. It's not easy, and I'm having to re-learn it because I've been a bit "off the wagon" for a while, and am struggling to get back on.

    You're providing me some inspiration, because I know I have to control my eating too, and lose some weight, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, TV taught me that if I eat "4th meal" as consistently as possible, I too will be one of the beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete